In an effort to add a little green to this thot’s diet (emphasis on little) and recreate some PF Chang’s yummyness without actually having to go to PF Chang’s, I give you……lettuce wraps.
The Instagram potential was too good for a thot like me not to try and make, but let me tell ya the family is still RAVING about this dinner an hour after we finished eating.
My father said he thinks this is the best thing I’ve ever made. So that’s fun.
I used this recipe, (Damn Delicious) but made some cuts/swaps/additions:
- Rather than buy a whole bottle of rice wine vinegar for 1tbsp, I just skipped it.
- Ginger doesn’t do it for me, so I also skipped the ginger.
- I swapped peanuts for water chestnuts, also due to taste preferences.
- We happened to have garlic hoisin sauce (and you can never have too much garlic ever ever ever) so that’s what I used.
- When all was said and done I probably ended up doubling the Sriracha (the heat balanced the sweetness of the peanuts well) and added another healthy splash of the hoisin sauce after measuring.
I can already tell we’ll be making this again and again for when the craving for Asian-y flavors hit. The chicken mixture turned out so well I’m planning to use the leftovers (aka maybe 1/2 cup full) atop my salad for lunch tomorrow. This ThotFULL.